It's not just any sport, it's not just throwing a ball, hitting and running. I live with the cheering of my players while I'm up to bat. I live with the red stitches of the softball rubbing against my fingers when I snap my wrist and let it fly. I live with mistakes every day in it, and I live learning them. I live on the pitchers mound where I need complete confidence in myself. I live with snapping my wrist to the catcher and getting the batter out, a perfect strike. I live not only for my teammates, but for my self. I live for fastpitch softball.--K.M., pitcher
By Tori Uhland. . . . . . . . .Softball is one of my greatest passions...I live for it. Nothing in the world is better than those summer nights spent on the diamond underneath the night sky and the bright lights. The crack of the bat, the whoosh of the ball, the voice of the umpire, the beat of footsteps...music to my ears.
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Not Just Any Sport
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment