Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Wait

Patience is said to be virtue, but whoever said that must not get very excited at all.  There are still approximately 125 days until summer vacation, yet I cannot wait for the season to begin.  Life begins when the season starts, and I am running out of patience! I am dying to get back on that field and do what I do best.  I'm ready to feel the scorching hot sun on the bright, dry, long days, turn into the sweet summer nights with the cool, lazy moon and an explosion of stars scattered in the sky.  I want to smell that leather glove and hear the solid crack of the bat.  Taste the sunflower seeds and feel the glory when I knock that ball over heads to the green.  Winter isn't the hard part.  It's not the snow or the cold, it's the wait - knowing that the power and beauty all lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment