By Tori Uhland. . . . . . . . .Softball is one of my greatest passions...I live for it. Nothing in the world is better than those summer nights spent on the diamond underneath the night sky and the bright lights. The crack of the bat, the whoosh of the ball, the voice of the umpire, the beat of footsteps...music to my ears.
Monday, December 17, 2012
Summer Days
Just saying or thinking about the word "summer" can put a million emotions in your mind. The scorching heat, the bleached crazy look in your hair, and the golden bronze shine of your skin. Long afternoons at the pool and lake and amazing late nights with your friends. Sleeping in all morning just to do it again. For me, though, there's more to it than just that. My summer days are also filled with many hours of the game I love. Usually I wake up a little earlier so I have time to get up and take a few swings, or a lot of swings, before the heat of the day. At night before and after practice I bat and pitch and throw and catch until it's so dark you can't possibly see. Out of all of these days, though, my favorite is game day. Waking up knowing that later that day you'll be on your way to compete is a great feeling. I always bat a little before leaving for the game just so I can get my head on straight and go out ready to win! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment